Main reasons why there aren't more Bank Foreclosures in Costa Rica:
1. Costa Rican banks did NOT make many loans to foreigners, nor even residents the past 8 years.Our banks are not in the same crisis situations as found in other countries, with bank repossessions and liquidations, foreclosures and bankruptcies. The foreclosures that do occur typically are not the "foreigner" deluxe beachfront properties, but the inner city lower priced properties.
2. Our Jaco beachfront condo market still has many purchasers who only have 20-30% invested, with the rest Owner-financed. Thus they can only discount what they have invested!
3. Since the prices in the Jaco Beach, Central Pacific real estate area never reached the over-inflated price points found in other popular international tourist or retirement destinations, like Mexico, here a discount of 25% is really great.
4.The Central Pacific area has more 100% Fee Simple Titled beach front property, than anywhere else in Costa Rica! Since 95% of Costa Rican beachfront is "concession" zone, (which we don't recommend without your complete understanding of its risks) these beachfront properties have retained more of their value, and promise greater future equity growth. Playa Hermosa Jaco real estate and property for sale demonstrates the clear difference between properties for sale in the Concession zone and those that are titled.
1. Now more than ever, Sellers are willing to give seller financing- take advantage of their offers , but know that your greatest deals will be with cash!
2. The new Caldera (Ruta del Sol) Highway 27 to the Central Pacific is a true success and thus the Jaco beach area is guaranteed to forever be the most popular in Costa Rica.
3.The U.S. housing market is coming back, and normally our market will follow theirs.
The Opportunity is Now!
Jeff Owner-Broker August 15, 2015
CR Beach Investment
for all your real estate needs in the Central Pacific
beach area of Costa Rica.
Our toll-free number from the U.S. and Canada:
or in Costa Rica call
We look forward to hearing from you!
CR Beach Investment
If your dream property is not on the "fire sale" page, please contact us below with what exactly you are looking for. We can also put you on our mailing list for when we do send out our very special newsletters.
Feel free to call us with any questions.
We'd love to hear from you!